You’ve heard the phrase, “April showers bring May Flowers” many times. However, in Kentucky it’s often that May can be just as rainy as April! When visiting Kentucky for a Bourbon Tour, the Kentucky Derby or even just a weekend getaway, use the following tips for traveling to Kentucky during the rainy months!
1) Get a rain jacket (or poncho): keep a rain jacket or poncho in the car or on your person at all time. That way, if you get caught in the rain, you’ll be prepared.
2) Bring weather-resistant footwear: a pair of stylish rain boots or close-toed shoes can be beneficial when you’re making your way from one attraction to another in Kentucky.
3) Invest in quick-dry clothing: visit your local sports outwear store and get some clothing that can dry quickly – it will be worth it!
4) Seal your valuables in a baggie: bring a Ziplock bag for your phone, wallet, or other electronics that require preservation from the rain.
5) Don’t forget to have fun: just because it’s raining outside, doesn’t mean your time has to be gloomy. Embrace the ever-changing Kentucky weather, just be prepared!
Planning your tip to Kentucky during the rainy months? Let Bourbon Barrel Tours help you craft a one of a kind experience through Bourbon country. Reach out to us today.